LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 19

Sunday again. What is it about Sundays? I always seem to have some kind of emergency to deal with. Today it was puppy proofing the carport so that our new puppy couldn't escape. Most of the back yard has a large cement wall around it, effectively making a great fence. However the front of the carport has a metal barred security gate and the puppy can slip through the bars!

I found a black wire cage that opens up into a long fence that just fit across the carport area. Except on either end was a gap just big enough for little rascal to slip through. So I found some chicken wire and strapped that to the openings. He still made it through! Finally I found a board to prop between the gate and the wire cage/chicken wire set up that sealed the escape route.

After all that I decided to treat myself to a cup of coffee. And you know what? It didn't taste as great as it usually does. Hmmm......

Rest of the day I stayed on track with my food. Spent the afternoon baking bread, got a roast in the crockpot for dinner and made another flip book scrapbook out of the other 1/2 of my kit. Then around 4:30 I finally headed out do some grocery shopping. I decided to head to the mall Payless as they have an extensive organic food section. Of course, I ended up spending more than I wanted to as organic food is so much costlier. Shouldn't be, but it is.

I stocked up on lots of good salad ingredients. Except cucumbers. There seems to be a shortage of cucumbers again! I really need to get Les to grow us our own. So far we have green beans, green onions, tomatoes and eggplant growing in our little garden. And Les came home with a papaya tree. Maybe in about 6 months we can have fresh papaya!

Found pure peppermint oil to add to my vanilla shakes so that I can indulge in a Shamrock shake. Just in time for St. Patrick's day next week. Had that for my evening shake but I put a bit too much peppermint in it! Next time I need to just put a drop or two.

Not as much water consumed again today as I should. I misplaced my water bottle half way through the day. I had left it in my son's room when I went in and started cleaning up all his dishes he is NOT supposed to have in there!

Used my new walking shoes when out shopping and my feet were so sore when I came home. Once I sat down I did not want to hobble anywhere else.

One more week almost done.


0 comments:

Post a Comment