LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 11

Wish I could say today was a great day. But it had its challenges. First of all, when I got to work in the morning, I had to go pee (surprise, surprise) and discovered my monthly friend had arrived. I was totally unprepared for that so had to call for emergency supplies. So why was I so unprepared? Usually, the night/day before I am very achy. My body aches all over. My legs especially and when I have that deep leg pain I know that my time of the month is due any moment. I didn't have that! Another benefit of the cleanse program??

Again, I wasn't ready for lunch. There were no leftovers from my healthy dinner I had made the night before so wasn't able to pack myself a lunch. By the time I got home from work it was almost 2pm again and I was so hungry I ate food I shouldn't eat. I did have 1/2 a piece of cold chicken breast from the night before and a slice of the whole wheat/flax bread and some carrot sticks. But then I had a few onion rings. That wasn't so healthy. I was really craving salty things. I did manage to drink almost three full 32 oz bottles of water though! So I am getting better with drinking more water.

Went out at night to the University to see another play. First hour was "Noh Way"a play written by one of my water aerobics buddies. Second hour was the local version of the "Vagina Monologues". Very moving pieces and what was more disturbing was that these were real stories of abuse to women on our island. Now I understand more why there is such a high rate of suicide, especially among the young teenage Micronesian girls. Being raped repeatedly by your mother's boyfriend with no one willing to listen or to stand up for you. How incredibly sad. I cried.

While waiting for the play to start I overheard a conversation between 4 women.
"So let me get this.....you replace two meals a day with shakes?"
"Yes, and you get to eat one meal a day"'
"What meal? and What do you eat?"
"Lunch - healthy 400-600 calories"
"What is in the shakes?"
And they walked off. I was tempted to go after them and say "Hey, you are talking about Isagneix, right? I've been on it for 10 days and lost almost 7 lbs!" but all I did was smile to myself.

Came home to find the family had gone snack shopping. There was a bag of cheetos on the table. I helped myself to a small handful. It was that salt craving again. I really have very bad willpower......And then I went to bed and forgot to take my IsaFlush. Sigh.

Keep moving forward they say. Tomorrow will be better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment