LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 15

Though today is not an official measuring day for the program, I did step on the scales. I was down another 1.8 lbs! Not as significant as the first week of the program but the good news is I didn't gain back the weight and I lost a little bit more. Slow and steady as the turtle says. And I knew I hadn't stuck to the program as well this second week. Blame hormones and womanly issues.

Today I tried something a little different when it came to lunch. When I came back from my water aerobics and checking the mail it was 10:30. time for my morning snack. I just couldn't face another IsaSnack this morning and I was out of almonds, celery and cucumber. So I decided to have an early lunch. Or actually what I did was split my lunch up. I ate a sandwich with Orrowheat bread, lettuce, pepper jack cheese and turkey. Later at 12:30 when it was my normal lunch time I had a baked potato (with butter, but not a lot). Oh and I did eat a small local banana. The instructions for the program say to eat fruits that are low glycemic and that it is best to eat locally grown fruits. There is also a warning that tropical fruits tend to be high in sugars. But what if your locally grown fruit is all tropical?? Obviously this program was not written with those of us on Guam in mind! The little banana I ate is half the size of the Chiquita bananas you get in grocery stores. And three times as delicious!

For dinner I made chili for the family with lots of good beans. Served it with shredded cheese and tortilla chips. Eric doesn't like Chili so I made him a plate of nachos with the cheese and chips. Cassie enjoyed dipping the chips in her chili. I made myself a tiny plate of chips (10?) with 1/4 cup of chili and sprinkle of cheese to eat. No other snacks were eaten today and I am sure my lunch was well under the 600 calories so I feel I kept my calorie intake within the acceptable range even if I "cheated" a little.

Still not drinking coffee but once I make it through this 30 days I'm having myself a big cup!


0 comments:

Post a Comment