LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Day 8: Measurement Day

Okay, I was a little nervous when I woke up this morning, knowing this was the big day where I would weigh myself and take my measurements so that I could see if this was working or not. I had a bit of difficulty with the measurements. It is hard to measure yourself. But I'm not comfortable asking for help right now. Maybe later. So I struggled through. The biggest difference was in my butt. I think about 2 inch loss there. Other wise it was either the same or off by 1/2 inch in various places. Hard to know for sure if I was measuring correctly. Was I getting the tape in the exact same spot as the first time? I used a mirror to help me. I'm wondering if there is an easier way for accuracy.

Next was the scale. I actually weighed myself, was so surprised that I did it several times in a row to see if the number was any different. Standing on various parts of the scale to make sure it wasn't a fluke. But it was real. I lost 6.8lbs! In 7 days. I like that. This is doable for me.

So I continue. Had my breakfast shake, went to work out at water aerobics, made my bank deposit and came home. Went and got water (lugging 5 gallon bottles of water counts as more exercise, right?). Then headed to work where I basically watched various TV shows on Hulu while entering receipts and bills in my computer. I did go to the mall to get lunch and pay the phone bills. Bought myself Mongolian BBQ - you pick 5 fresh veggies and one meat, add your own spices and condiments to it and they barbecue it up on a big flat grill. One of my favorite healthy fast food choices. I got chicken, carrots, celery, onions, cabbage, and pineapple for mine, with a small dash of sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and ginger water, and hot peppers. They of course serve it with rice, but I only ate one scoop (1/2 cup) . So a good lunch.

Dinner, I drank my 1/2 chocolate/1/2 vanilla shake while making porkchops, mashed potatoes and fresh veggy tray for the family. I ate a few pieces of celery for my evening snack.

So begins week 2!

0 comments:

Post a Comment