LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Beginnings

I'm about to embark on a new journey. Something I have never attempted before. Well, at least not this particular journey. I've tried similar ones. All have failed. What will make this one any different? I have no idea.

In a few days I will be starting a 30 day cleanse. Not a diet. A cleanse. I have to keep this in mind as I do this or my usual self destructive behavior may take over.

Background: I met Chanci 20+ years ago when I first became interested in homeschooling. Chanci's mom, Debbie, was homeschooling her 3 children, and I was interested in homeschooling my oldest, Kevin. Debbie showed me how easy it was to start, what I would need to do and most importantly of all, gave me the best advice I have ever heard in my many years of homeschooling. She said, "Colleen, you have been homeschooling your children since they were born.". What she meant was that from the moment I had my children I was teaching them (or they were teaching me!). We were learning together actually. And it didn't need to end just because schools existed. Her encouragement helped me make it through the tough times of doubt.

Fast forward to now, I friended Chanci on FB a few years ago. When I saw her post about Isagenix and how great she felt, I sent her a message asking for more info. I then heard more about the products from another friend on island and had a chance to sample them. And then Chanci contacted me again and started to encourage me to try a 30 day cleanse.

I thought about how I have been struggling to lose weight for so many years. I am at my heaviest ever. I have cut back on food, exercised more than I have ever done before. But still I struggle to walk up stairs, and my feet and legs ache every night. Some days I feel like I can't walk at all. Once I sit down at the end of the day, that's it for me! I look at my two youngest children, Cassie and Eric. 9 and 12. They are both so full of beans. I can't keep up with them. And that is not fair to them! I need to be able to move and run and jump with my kids.

So my journey begins. I hope to be able to use this as a journal to keep me on track. Over the next few days I'll be preparing myself mentally for what will come up physically once I start this cleanse. I don't imagine it is going to be pleasant to begin. But I am praying that the end results will be.

Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. Colleen, you totally rock my world! I am so excited to walk this journey with you! xo chanci

    ReplyDelete