LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 5

Today didn't start out so good. We had a maggot emergency. Living in the tropics, this is something we have had to deal with on more than one occasion. Kids had not taken out the garbage for the last two days and dishes hadn't been washed. Result was maggots crawling all over our kitchen and living room floor, first thing this morning.

I wonder, does sweeping and mopping floors while bending down and picking up the stray maggots with a paper towel, for 30 minutes count as my exercise for the day? I sure sweated a lot doing it. The sweat was dripping down my legs and tickling my ankles and made me think maggots were crawling on me! Not fun.

I wasn't planning on going to church (we actually haven't gone for the past two months) but Les came home from his first wedding and had enough of a break that he decided he wanted to go. So I joined him, but he had to leave before it was over to do his next wedding. It was nice to see some old friends, but the sermon, oh my. so disjointed. One of the associate pastors speaking. Oh well.

I'm not really liking the vanilla shakes so this morning I decided to try mixing one scoop of vanilla with one scoop of chocolate. That was quite satisfying. So I did the same for my dinner shake, only added a sprinkle of cinnamon to it as well. Nice. For lunch I had a few slices of cantaloupe and a sandwich made with Oroweat Sandwich thins - 100% whole wheat, flax and fiber (no high fructose corn syrup), 100 calories per sandwich. I had cucumber, tomato, turkey and cheddar cheese and just a little bit of butter so it wasn't dry. Quite tasty. I know I'm supposed to be counting the calories, so I try, but am not being too fanatical. I've dieted enough over the years to have a good estimate of how many calories certain foods are. So I'm sure I was within the acceptable range. I did however feel hungry again by 3pm so boiled myself an egg to eat.

And what if I can't remember if I took my extra accelerator pill then? Hmmm.....the perils of old age. You get forgetful easily.

I have chicken and brown rice cooking for dinner for the family. I plan on putting aside a lunch plate for myself for tomorrow. One more day down and one more to go until my first cleanse day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment