LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Not sure what to think

Something interesting happened this week and I'm not sure how to react or respond. One of the things I love about Isagenix is the support I get through a private facebook group. I even find myself giving encouragement to other "cleansers" and that helps to encourage me as well.

Recently a man named "T" joined the group (in the interest of not raising waves I will not give his real name). He claims to be a naturopathic doctor or at least a very knowledgeable person in the area of holistic medicine. Well that excited me. I love to pick the brains of people who have spent years researching health issues and natural medicines. He had his own private facebook group that talked about natural medicines and healing and so several of us from the Isagenix group joined his group.

Lots of great information there and I was really happy to be part of a knowledgeable crowd of people. One thing that T posted on the Isagenix group, was that he had lost 7.7 lbs in his first 3 days of his 30 day cleanse. I commented "why is it always the men that lose weight so easily?" and was given a response that men have more lean muscle mass and that tends to help them lose the weight easier. My husband has proven that to me. He can go a day without eating and lose weight. I go a day without eating and my body thinks it's in starvation mode and anything I do eat the next day gets immediately stored as fat and I gain weight.

Well, a few days later T announces on his private board that he has quit Isagenix because it almost put him in a hypoglycemic coma - his blood sugars went way too low. So I posted "did you follow the program properly and eat all your snacks in a timely manner?" Valid question. He had already admitted to us on our group that he had forgotten to have his evening shake and it was after 8pm and he didn't feel hungry so wanted to skip it. So by his own words, he was admitting to not following the program properly. Well, on his private board he took insult to my question.

Now I don't know this man. I will never meet him in person. He is just a name on a facebook page. So why do I feel so intimidated by his comment? Why do I feel that I have done something wrong? I really need to get over this! I know one reason is because I get defensive. I want to defend all my fellow cleansers who are also there, saying how wonderful the program is and sorry his body reacted wrong to it. He claims to have over 2000 followers. Well, if 2000 people believe him that Isagenix is terrible for you and will put you into a hypoglycemic coma.....and it denies even one person a chance to make a change in their life that may be their only hope (as I feel it is with me), then I guess it puts me in a fighting mood!

I'm on my 3rd month now of cleansing. Just finishing up  back to back deep cleanse days. I have no headache. I don't feel dizzy. My tummy did rumble a while ago and so I ate an IsaDelight and drank more water. This morning I weighed in and had lost 2 more lbs. I hope to lose another 2 by tomorrow's weigh in. I will have reached my personal goal I set at the beginning of this week to be down 20lbs from when I started.  Yesterday I thanked Chanci for introducing me to this program. I firmly believe it is the answer to my prayers and will be the catalyst for returning me to the healthy body God intended for me to have.

And I won't let the naysayers like T rain on my parade.

0 comments:

Post a Comment